Meeting the highest standards of safety and consistency is essential to the health of your patients—and your organisation. But improving decisions at the point of care requires standardised education, and that nurses, therapists and other health professionals have access to best practices and the latest evidence-based information.
Elsevier Clinical Skills combines evidence-based content, including over 1,300 skills, with robust competency management. It puts educators and administrators in control by giving them the ability to customise content, assign skills and perform assessments, and empowers clinicians to deliver high-quality patient care with confidence.
Core skills have been adapted for Australia and New Zealand practice, providing alignment with Australian National Safety and Quality Safety Health Service Standards and linked to Australian RN and EN competencies and standards and New Zealand RN competencies and standards. All adapted skills have been written by experiences Australian and New Zealand nurses and are expert reviewed by at least one Australian and New Zealand reviewer.
Benefits of Elsevier Clinical Skills
For Nurses and other Clinicians
Enjoy an engaging online learning experience that validates competency in over 1,300 evidence-based skills and procedures. Use Clinical Skills to refresh knowledge and learn new skills anytime.
Content is available 24/7 and is continuously reviewed and updated to reflect the latest in evidence-based practice.
Clinical Skills helps nurses and other clinicians:
- Refresh and assess knowledge
- Complete assigned tasks and training online
- Master concepts through interactive tests
- Increase overall competency
- Stay informed of policy changes
For Clinical Educators and Administrators
Elsevier Clinical Skills makes it easier to standardise, measure and document knowledge with powerful capabilities that enable you to archive lessons and learning tasks, automatically assign remediation and require acknowledgement of communications. With this level of customisation and control, you can measure the competency of clinicians and take action to continually improve learning.
Includes over 1,300 evidence-based skills, plus robust competency management.
Clinical Skills helps educators and administrators:
- Provide nurses and other health professionals with the targeted training they need
- Assess knowledge and provide feedback
- Customise and upload content
- Assign and follow discussions
- Review reports and identify learning gaps
For Healthcare Organisations
Consolidate resources and reduce costs by integrating Elsevier Clinical Skills into your organisational workflow and supplementing your institution’s Policy and Procedure manuals. Enable education to be spread across all shifts to balance training with unit coverage and hospital benefits, and reduce recruitment and retention costs by investing in the development and satisfaction of existing clinicians. Links to NSQHS Standards can be used to identify and target the skills needed to drive quality improvement initiatives and allows organisations to realise aspirational or developmental goals.
Link your EHR to relevant content in Clinical Skills with the Elsevier Infobutton.
Elsevier Clinical Skills helps healthcare organisations:
- Standardise skills and education throughout your organisation
- Drive quality improvement initiatives
- Assist with quality accreditation and reporting
- Streamline training and orientation
- Reduce recruitment and retention costs by investing in the development and satisfaction of existing clinicians
- Ensure patient safety by utilising the highest standards of care
- Document knowledge for compliance and accreditation